China Mission Trip

Information for taking mission trips to China

How do I volunteer?

Sign me Up

We are delighted by your interest in serving with CRAM Worldwide, Inc. “on” the mission field. We are continually in need of willing volunteers to commit for short or long terms of service. May God bless your prayerful decision to serve in China!

Note: You must obtain a Chinese visa prior your trip to China.

To volunteer with CRAM Worldwide in China complete online registration with this link, and email ( other documents to us promptly (documents must be on file at CRAM office a minimum of sixty days prior to your departure for China).

Required documents include:

 Volunteer Application Forms (Online)

 Letter of Introduction which includes:

Your testimony of faith and walk with Jesus Christ and the reason you want to serve with us

 Current Resume

 Letters of Recommendation:

Minister/Ministry Associate (non-relative) (signature required)

 Work (signature required)

Personal (non-relative) (signature required)

 Release of Assumption of Risk Form (personal and notary signatures required)

 Valid Passport (high resolution copy needed!)

Completed documents may be returned to CRAM by one of the following methods:

1. Electronic format sent to (scanned documents must include all required signatures)

2. Online application forms that are available through CRAM Worldwide website

Need to know!

Length of Service

Short Term – The recommended length of service is two weeks to less than one year (shorter terms of service are considered upon request).

Long Term – A commitment of one year or more.

Overseas Travel

 A current passport valid for at least six months beyond your term of service.

Airline tickets from the USA to Yanji, China, range from $1,600.00 to $1,800.00 depending on the season of year purchased (prices are subject to change).

A Visa is required for travel to China. A one-month visa may be obtained from the Chinese embassy/consulate. You will need to allow ample time to obtain the visa prior to your departure.


To apply for, or renew, a passport and/or apply for a travel visa go online to:

Arriving in China

What can I eat in Hunchun?

Meals in Hunchun are very inexpensive. A Continental or Korean breakfast is provided at your hotel. Lunch and dinner are eaten with your group (usually in a restaurant). There are many Korean, Chinese, a few Russian dine-in and American style fast food restaurants. Meals such as hand-drawn noodles, hot pot, and dumplings are readily available. Some people purchase food at a market.

What are the weekend meeting times?

On Sundays, you’re encouraged to visit a Chinese church, Korean church, or a special needs church. As a team, we meet on Sundays at 4:00 for Bible study, prayer, & Communion.

When do we have free time?

Each week, a typical day begins with group devotions and breakfast, followed by the day’s work assignment. If you are working at the ranch, you will take a sack lunch for meals. The workday will end between 5:00-5:30pm. The evenings are ‘free time’ for group activities, (shopping, sight-seeing, eating out, etc.) Please note the ‘free time’ schedule is subject to change based on ‘needs’ communicated between your Team Leader and CRAM Worldwide.

What can we do in our free time?

What you can do in free time depends on the season. There are a few night markets and several Chinese/Korean/Russian souvenir stores. We can take teams to sightsee at historic places such as the China-North Korea border, the China-Russia border, the Broken Bridge, and the Tumen River area (where you can see the China-North Korea border and purchase souvenirs). Extra spending money is required for these trips.

If your team wants to visit Beijing or Changbai Shan (a famous volcanic lake), we suggest that you set aside two or three days after your work with CRAM to visit these sites.

Please note the costs provided are ‘estimates’ for the purpose of helping you prepare for your trip, actual costs will probably vary from the amounts noted.

Sign me Up